Forest Foot & Health Plantar Fasciitis Tip Sheet
Designed to help with your heel pain.
” Plantar fasciitis means inflammation of the insertion of the strong band of tissue (like a ligament) that stretches from the heel to the middle of the foot. It supports the arch and also helps with shock-
“Around 1 in 10 people will get plantar fasciitis at some time in their life. It is most common in people between the ages of 40 to 60 years but can occur at any age. It is twice as common in women as in men. It is also common in athletes.”
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF PLANTAR FASCIITIS.?
“The main symptom is pain under the inside of the heel, which is often worse when taking the first steps in the morning, or after periods of rest.
Gentle exercise may ease the pain for a while, but a long walk or being on your feet for a long time can bring the pain on again.
Plantar fasciitis can occur in both feet at the same time.”
WHAT IS OUR TREATMENT FOR PLANTAR FASCIITIS.?
- Determine the initial cause of the foot pain.
- Provide you with footwear assessment and advice on shoes to help support the foot.
- Provision of orthotics as necessary to support the arch.
- Soft tissue mobilisation to help aid soft tissue healing.
- Foot mobilisation to ensure the bones of the foot are in correct positions allowing optimum pressure distributions.
- A structured and personalised stretching and strengthening program.
- Additional services such as taping or heel raises.
HELP YOU GET
BACK IN YOUR